Thursday, September 1, 2011

faux-pas or fashion forward?

0005

0002

0001

0003

0004

What kind of fashion "faux-pas" did you grow up with?  I was told that black and brown were never to be worn together; therefore, it's only fitting I show that it can be done.  I've been seeing a lot of this on pinterest and this cutie, and I have to admit that I'm a little smitten.  I've decided that if enough wear certain faux-pas, they make a comeback into the latest trend, i.e. lace trimmed leggings.  (I wore them in 3rd grade and that's where they stay for me.)

So are these trends really fashion no-no's, lack of chic creativity, or verbally outlawed by those with rigid traditional taste? What fashion rule do you enjoy breaking?

I'm wearing:  boots, socks, bag (target); dress (h&m); scarf, belt (gifted thrift)

0 comments:

Post a Comment